Merrin Pearse and Louise Taylor
Their Lifetime Goals and Vision
We love being outdoors amongst nature, experiencing its marvels, learning from its examples and sharing these experiences and learning’s with others.
To connect people with the natural environment through providing opportunities to experience the wonders of nature first hand and how their daily lives (both work and private) can help support nature.
To ensure that there is a worldwide network of nature reserves freely available for all people to visit. Imagine if you could not get to a park to hear birds singing happily from trees or to watch water cascading over rocks with fish swimming in the pools?
Why be involved initially in Asia?
As the world’s largest population centre, the mindset and respect for nature by people in Asia will have a significant influence over the health of our planet. The more sustainable that Asia is the more sustainable the world is. With the level of resources available in Hong Kong and with the right mindset we would love to see Hong Kong become Asia’s leading Eco-city.
What do we need to do?
Inspire and assist more people of the Asian region to be an active part of ending poverty and environmental degradation, while creating results in their personal and business lives that are fulfilling and environmentally sustainable.
Who do we need to connect with?
Positive people inspired by the purpose and vision.
When do we need to do this?
How do we continue to achieve the purpose and vision?
- Determining and implementing business models that provide cashflow to look after Merrin and Louise so they can share this vision with even more people.
- Ensuring Merrin is living as a “Star” and Louise as a “Lord”, or put another way, that they are doing what they are best at and enjoy doing.
- Sharing our New Zealand and international experiences with others (particularly across Asia) so that more people can see how the actions of a few can make a real difference.
- Connecting environmentally conscious business owners with organisations active in making an on the ground difference.
- By being open to opportunities and ideas presented to us.