Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hong Kong MC



The joy of sharing people stories with others is one of my major buzzes in life.

Through being a MC (Master of Ceremonies) at events, an interviewer on radio or an outdoors education facilitator I have had some amazing experiences and opportunities.

It was the other night at a Royal Geographical Society meeting when I was reminded of how you shine when you do what you enjoy. It all came about from a simple request by the Director of RGS in Hong Kong, Rupert McCowan, asking me to give the words of thanks to Professor Zhang Hemin, referred to as "China’s father of Giant Pandas". With the talk starting in 2 minutes time I said why did you ask me? Rupert replied I saw you on Sunday do a wonderful job of interviewing the Hong Kong Earth Champions during the community day at Cyberport. You were able to help them share their stories and I am sure you can do a superb job of thanking Prof Zhang. Wow I thought that is nice to hear as I was having fun that day. From the audience response at RGS I did provide suitable note of thanks to Prof Zhang.



On the ferry ride home that night I started to recall other times that I have had the opportunity to be a MC, Presenter or Interviewer. I started to list some of them down and they include:
- MC at the Earth Champions Celebration Event with over 200 guests, including Edward Yau (HK Secretary for the Environment), Sir Crispin Tickell (Climate Change Expert) and Christine Loh (CEO of Civic Exchange)
- MC at the farewell dinner for the Consul General Julian Ludbrook organised by the NZ Society of Hong Kong.
- Interviewing people for Radio
- Showing school children, their parents and helpers the wonders of nature on Lantau Island as a green guide
- MC at the 50th Anniversary Ball for the New Zealand Society of Hong Kong



If you happen to know of someone needing a MC or speaker for an event then let them know that I am keen to help make their night a memorable one!

Grow well
Dr Merrin

P.S. Looking for a Keynote Speaker at your next event, then check out my Professional Speaker info at
http://asia-ecopreneur.blogspot.com/2009/07/professional-speaker.html

Looking forward to being part of your successful event.

No comments: